On The Bench 160b: John Martin’s Millennium Falcon
Here are the “in progress” shots of my Millennium Falcon. I know that the pictures are not that great, but they do give an idea of the modifications I have made:
- Scratchbuilt new sidewalls with detail that matches (almost) the 32 inch studio model.
- Changed the overall shape by building a large plastic tube that pushes the top hull away from the bottom.
- Scratchbuilt new docking arms and docking rings.
- Scratchbuilt new cockpit and cockpit access tube.
- Scratchbuilt new gun wells.
- Scratchbuilt forward landing gear housings, and widened the aft landing gear housing.
- Detailed the upper and lower hulls, and rebuilt the sensor dish.
Not all of this can be seen in the pictures I provided (for example, I haven’t installed the new cockpit yet), but I hope that they give an idea of the progress I am making.