Here is an old vinyl King Kong kit that was sent to me by one of the collectors I build for. I’m not sure who it’s made by. I just built it straight up and painted it with Model Master and Freak Flex acrylics. I started with a base coat of flat black from a spray can then drybrushed layers of greys and browns for the fur effect.
The girl was painted first then masked off while the Kong was painted.
I used Tamiya putty for filling any seams and here’s a tip for assembling vinyl kits quickly: use a hair dryer to soften up the pieces where they will be joined then position them and fill the seam with a thin CA.